After giving my eyelashes a break of about half a year, I recently got eyelashes extensions done once again since it’s summer now and it is extremely convenient to have them. In this post I wanted to share a few quick tips of how to take care of your eyelash extensions for them to look cute for as long as possible.
- COMB THEM. This is by far the most important thing since if you don’t do that, they’re gonna get all messed up and look not pretty but otherwise. Make sure you comb your lashes at least once every 2 days to keep them nice.
- KEEP THEM CLEAN. Always make sure to remove every single bit of makeup since if you don’t do that, they’ll fall out quicker. Removing eye makeup with a cotton pad is not enough when you have eyelash extensions, so after doing that dip a cotton bud in micellar water and clean your lashes once again.
- NO OIL!!!!!! This is the number one rule when it comes to eyelash extensions – never use any product that contains oil anywhere near your eyes.
I have been wearing eyelash extensions for about half a year now and collected some knowledge about that stuff. If you are considering getting your eyelash extensions done, in this post I will share both positive and negative aspects of this matter from my personal experience.
NOTE: my eyelash extensions are classic and in the picture above they are about a week after a refill.
- Your eyes look bigger. It’s just an optical illusion: the longer the lashes, the bigger your eyes look. As a matter of fact, this is the main reason why I got my eyelash extensions lol
- You don’t need any mascara, nor do you need to wear eye makeup daily. This really does save your time in the morning as well as allows you to go swimming in the pool without the fear of looking like a panda.
- This is completely random, but I would get my refills by such a lovely girl that we would be talking about random stuff during the process, so going to the salon was like a therapy for me.
- It is a luxury. While in my hometown getting eyelash extensions isn’t extremely expensive,as far as I know it is quite costly in other cities and abroad.
- If you don’t get a refill on time, your eyelashes start to look quite funny.
- Your real eyelashes do fall out and it sucks.
- It is way harder to do your eye makeup while having eyelash extensions. Of course, I got used to it, but at first I was pretty annoyed by this issue.
- You can’t use any oil based cleansers or products on your eyes since oil makes your eyelash extensions fall out, so if oil based products are the only thing you have in your house, it will be necessary to buy new products.
All in all, eyelash extensions are a debatable thing, however I personally don’t regret getting them done.